Current Activities of The Wells Cathedral Voluntary Choir
In 2019, the Choir has agreed to sing 39 liturgical services at Wells Cathedral. This includes 7 weekends when all 4 services will be undertaken. We are pleased that Choral Matins is still sung at Wells on Sundays. On 14 other dates, we sing Choral Evensong.
- In January, after a busy Christmas we will be taking a taking a well-earned break.
- In March, we have our AGM and on March 18th sing for the Open-Door Service when Volunteers gather to celebrate the beginning of the Cathedral’s visitor season.
- On the 30th May we will be singing at the Ascension Day Festal Eucharist.
- On June 22nd we join with singers from Parish choirs throughout the Diocese of Bath & Wells for a joint Choral Evensong in Wells Cathedral.
- From the 29th July to 4th August, the Choir will be in residency at Chester Cathedral where we will sing 7 liturgical services.
- At the end of September, we combine with the Wells Cathedral Choir for a celebration of Choral Evensong.
- On the 19th/20th October, a number of the choir will travel to Rochester Cathedral to join with other singers who are members of the Association of Cathedral Voluntary Choirs.
- In November, we will be singing a Solemn Eucharist on All Saints Day, and a Requiem on All Souls Day
- In December, the choir will be singing 12 services in the Cathedral, including one on Christmas Eve.
A busy year as always, and no doubt there will be weddings, memorial services and visits to local churches to add to the mix as well!
For all the latest news please see our Choir Newsletter