Current Activities of The Wells Cathedral Voluntary Choir
In 2018, the Choir has agreed to sing 44 liturgical services at Wells Cathedral. This includes 7 weekends when all 4 services will be undertaken. We are pleased that Choral Matins is still sung at Wells on Sundays. On 16 other dates, we sing Choral Evensong.
In January, we completed our busy Christmas period singing Solemn Eucharist on the feast of Epiphany before taking a well-earned break.
In March, we had our AGM and on March 12th sang for the Open-Door Service when Volunteers gather to celebrate the beginning of the Cathedral’s visitor season.
On the 20th May, we travel to Chapel Allerton Church to sing Evensong as part of our outreach programme.
At the end of May, a number of the choir will travel to Guildford Cathedral to join with other singers who are members of the Association of Cathedral Voluntary Choirs.
- On June 23rd, we join with singers from Parish choirs throughout the Diocese of Bath & Wells for a joint Choral Evensong in Wells Cathedral.
- From the 13th August to 19th August, the Choir will be in residency at Southwell Minster where we will sing 7 liturgical services.
- On 30th September, we combine with the Wells Cathedral Choir for a celebration of Choral Evensong.
- On the 28th October, we travel to St Andrew’s Church, Compton Dundon to sing Evensong as part of our outreach programme.
- In November, we will be singing a Solemn Eucharist on All Saints Day, and a Requiem on All Souls Day
- In December, the choir will be singing 11 services in the Cathedral, including one on Christmas Eve.
- A busy year as always, and no doubt there will be weddings and memorial services to add to the mix as well!
For all the latest news please see our Choir Newsletter